Some services we offer
Community Organizations & Resources
- City Website
- Verndale Post Office
- Verndale Sun Newspaper
- Staples Great River Regional Library
- Wadena County Website
Places of Worship
Things to do and see
- Straw Hat and Sun Bonnet Days is an annual celebration held on the last weekend of July. This celebration features a parade, street dance and two days of activities and fun for local and former residents.
- Snowmobile trails run in several directions through the edge of town.
- The Crow Wing River is great for canoeing.
- Dower Lake Recreation Area offers swimming, camping, geocaching, disc golf, softball, picnic areas, and more.
- Verndale was named for Vernie Smith, a granddaughter of an early settler.
- The Verndale Post Office has been in operation since 1878.
- Many of Verndale's early settlers were Civil War veterans.